Some Books I've Read

Romance Novel Junkies's bookshelf: read

Tempted by Her Innocent Kiss
Diamond Dreams
Crave
The Felig Chronicles
The Felig Chronicles
In Dreams
Desire's Race to Love
Wicked Weekend
Reality, Dreams and Nightmares
Fillies and Females
A Breach of Promise
Bound By Pleasure: Live on Stage
Keep Me Safe
Poison
Demons and Angels
Winter Warmer - A (Getting) Biblical Tale
Shrouded in Darkness
Valentine Submission
Blood Rage
Warlord


Romance Novel Junkies / Lady Raven Rave's favorite books »
}

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Four Dollars and Fifty-One Cent.

Dear Diary,

I remembered at the age of 14, when I read a book from harlequin Silhouette desire called Four Dollars and Fifty-One Cent by Lass Small. The book was published on December 1, 1990. Back then I thought it was the coolest name for a book and it was a great book. For a 14 year old in 1995 it was cool. I think that was one of my first taste of a romance novel.

My sister was 17 at the time, and I didn't understand why she read these books. One day I annoyed her so much by interrupting her reading she turned to me and said, " get out of my room and read this book" I said "yuck" lol. But I did read it. For a 14 year old I was shocked at what I was reading but I loved it as well, that was it for me. I have been reading romance since then, my mom didn't have too much to say as long as it kept me out of trouble. Romance novels back then aren't what they are now so I might have overreacted a bit lol.


Four Dollars and Fifty-One Cent by Lass Small/ this was my review posted last year.

The truth was, Jan Folger had never really given Junior Busby a second thought--even though he'd lived next door to her for about a million years. But her charity group was holding a bachelor auction. They needed one more eligible man to put on the block...and she supposed Junior would just have to do.

Then the local paper went and ran a photo of the fully grown Junior--wearing jeans and a five o'clock shadow--and suddenly it seemed like every woman in Byford, Indiana, wanted to know him better--a whole lot better. And Jan was starting to wonder if maybe she hadn't overlooked a hot property right there in her own neighborhood ...


Oldies but goodies for me this was one of my favorite books growing up. Of course reading it today didn't have the same effect on me like back then but i still enjoyed that re reading moment not a bad book and I LOVE the title.

No comments: