Some Books I've Read

Romance Novel Junkies's bookshelf: read

Tempted by Her Innocent Kiss
Diamond Dreams
Crave
The Felig Chronicles
The Felig Chronicles
In Dreams
Desire's Race to Love
Wicked Weekend
Reality, Dreams and Nightmares
Fillies and Females
A Breach of Promise
Bound By Pleasure: Live on Stage
Keep Me Safe
Poison
Demons and Angels
Winter Warmer - A (Getting) Biblical Tale
Shrouded in Darkness
Valentine Submission
Blood Rage
Warlord


Romance Novel Junkies / Lady Raven Rave's favorite books »
}

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Book Preview / Book Cover part 1





Dear Diary,

I think as a reader it is important when we are browsing for a new book the book/product preview is appealing to the buyer. I can only speak for myself but when a book preview is vague, it makes the book sound unappealing. We definitely don't want the author giving away the plot but we also want the author to sell the book to us. Having a preview with three sentences does not help.  There are times I'm reading a book preview and I have a duh moment and find myself having to read it again for a better understanding.  Sometimes reading the sample is more confusing so it leaves me ignoring the book and scrolling to the next book if there are no reviews. It's bad when you have to read a reviewer's review to have a better understanding what the book is about. Also using just an excerpt only for a preview tsk tsk tsk no good, think about the reader and ask yourself, would I understand what the book is about?  Would I want to read it? We want to buy your books not skip over them.

Sometimes an overcrowded product preview can be distracting as well but to be fair reading and knowing the authors’ accomplishments are good. Mysterious previews can work but I think it depends on what is being said. Great previews never fail. This posting for my indie/self publish authors I love you guys.

No comments: